Click on any of the titles to read news in detail.
- Elcome International announces major new contract award(2012-09-06 04:51:09)
- Elcome International unveils new-generation marine electrical switchboard systems(2012-09-06 04:36:57)
- The management & staff of the Elcome Group regret to announce the sad demise of Mrs. Ellen (Helen) Ann Hardman(2012-08-23 01:09:14)
- Elcome International will showcase its latest marine technologies at SMM 2012(2012-08-07 16:14:21)
- Inmarsat appoints Elcome as the Dealer for XpressLink(2012-04-24 17:38:28)
- Celebrating The Spirit of The Union(2011-11-29 14:32:30)
- Dynamically positioned in Dubai(2011-11-23 13:54:59)
- Elcome participates at Middle East Workboats(2011-09-05 17:23:55)
- Elcome will exhibit in NAVDEX and DIBS(2011-02-06 17:10:59)
- Elcome will be exhibiting at SMEM 2010(2010-09-22 10:23:01)
- Elcome International relocates to DIP to handle expansion(2009-05-27 14:20:58)
- Elcome International presents CCTV camera technology for ship’s surveillance and safety.(2009-05-13 07:05:27)
- Regional Hatteland service partner(2008-10-23 12:31:14)
- Elcome moves to new HQ(2008-10-23 08:36:26)
Elcome International announces major new contract award
Dubai-based company to provide turnkey electrical, electronics and control package for cable handling ship conversion project.
Elcome International, the leading marine solutions provider and system integrator in the Middle East and one of the largest in the world, today announced that it has been awarded a contract to supply the complete electrical, electronics and ship control package for a cable-‐handling ship conversion project in the Middle East.
The contract was awarded to Elcome by a shipyard in UAE, which is converting a 140m ro-‐ro vessel into a 125m cable laying vessel for one of the world’s leading submarine cable installation, maintenance and repair organizations.
Elcome is supplying the ship’s main and emergency switchboards, power distribution and management systems, integrated bridge system, dynamic positioning system, internal and external communications, integrated automation system to UMS class notation, hydrographic reference systems, cable laying, security and safety systems, external and internal lighting, loading management software, tank gauging, draft measurement system, LAN and Wi-‐Fi networking.
“This project is a good example of the range of technical services and capabilities Elcome can provide for a complex ship conversion project,” said Jimmy Grewal, executive director of Elcome International. “We will work closely with the shipyard and owner to support all aspects of design, documentation, installation, system integration, testing, commissioning and sea trial acceptance.”
The vessel will be equipped to perform cable laying, repair and recovery of all types of underwater telecommunication cables including repeaters up to 400mm and power cables up to 200mm in diameter. The RINA-‐classed vessel will operate in deep and shallow waters under weather conditions up to Beaufort Scale 7.